MUMBAI: The state may get another transport act this Monsoon Session and there will be procurements to keep a reconnoiter taxi aggregators like Uber, Ola sooner rather than later.
“We are excited about fixing the screws on errant auto and cab drivers in Mumbai and keep scouts the working of taxi aggregators in perspective of ladies’ wellbeing,” state transport priest Diwakar Raote said in the wake of initiating the new RTO for the western rural areas in Dahisar on Wednesday.
The new RTO, alluded to as Borivli RTO and which will give MH-47 enrollment number plates, will indulge those living in the middle of Goregaon and Dahisar. It is situated at Kandapada in Dahisar (W) and the test track will be in Malvani, Malad.
“I have effectively asked extra boss secretary (transport) Gautam Chatterjee to frame an advisory group of senior officers and talk about the different tenets we can incorporate in the proposed demonstration and make it stringent,” Raote said.
Salient features of Mumbai’s Taxi Tariff are:
- Minimum Mumbai Taxi Fare is Rs 21.00 for the first 1.6 Kms
- Taxi Fare for every additional Km is Rs 13.96 per Km (rounded to nearest Rupee)
- After “1.0″, Meter Reading of 0.1 is equal to 167 meters or 0.167 Km
Night Charge is applicable from 12:00 midnight to 5:00 am and is 25% of “Regular” Daytime rate
- Luggage Charge of Rs 6.00 for bags greater than 60 X 40 cm (handbag, briefcase, etc, no charge)
- The above revised taxi rates are as per the Hakim Committee recommendations.
- In case of complaint against Mumbai Auto or Taxi, call RTO toll free number 1800-22-0110.